Epistasis Blog

From the Artificial Intelligence Innovation Lab at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (www.epistasis.org)

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Hidden Order by John Holland

Our research starts with the idea that human health is a complex adaptive system. Chapter 1 of the book Hidden Order by John Holland has what I think is the best description of what a complex system is. I buy a copy of this book for all my students and have them read it. If you have a description or a definition that you like pelase let me know.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:05 PM, Blogger Jason Brownlee said...

Hi Jason, I slapped together a few common definitions in a technical report if you're interested: Complex Adaptive Systems. It is written through the eyes of someone looking to use adaptive systems theory in the study of artificial immune systems (yeah, I'm a Computational Intelligence guy).

Nice blog by the way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home